Join My Mailing List

Join my mailing list for the latest stories, offers, and updates!!

Sunday, May 28, 2017

The Poetry Post #3

Pretend

Pretend you’re not here, pretend it’s not me,
Pretend the knife in your back doesn’t bear my fingerprints;
Pretend the red in my hands doesn’t flow from your broken heart,
Pretend we can go back to those forgotten days, that innocent past.

Pretend we’re back to the night you smiled at me,
With every yearning breath I relive that memory;
Your last smile, our last kiss,
Just this once, pretend you can forgive.

I may not apologise,
On that fateful night, I forfeit the right;
It’s a crime I am destined to repeat,
No rest for the wicked, no salvation for my misdeeds.

Pretend I had changed my mind,
Pretend I had returned your smile;
Pretend the kiss was real, didn’t end with a knife through your heart,
Pretend you can sleep tonight, safe in my arms.



Dollhouse

Dazzling lights in rainbow hues,
Music soft, steps right on cue.
Bodies swaying – gentle brushes, halting touches;
A lingering glance, movements in a trance...

Melodies sweet, soft lights enhance,
Painted lips and powdered charm.

Sparkling fabrics adorn anorexic frames,
Vibrant smiles and anonyms;
Alluring words and curtsies disguise,

Shifting glances, lifeless eyes.

Crimson fountains flowing full;
Into blissful oblivion, all senses pull.

Painted dolls in rooms of glass,
Keyed to smile, simper, laugh;
Kaleidoscope beams the shadows chase–
Bodies move in euphoric haze.

But when with dawn, darkness descends,
Nocturnal angels, into the shadows fade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts