Join My Mailing List

Join my mailing list for the latest stories, offers, and updates!!

Sunday, August 26, 2018

Poetry: A Letter to My Best Friend

Well, there isn't much to say about this one. It's right what it says on the tin. An elaborate proposition for potential cohabitation to my best friend. Featuring five years worth of inside jokes that you may or may not get. 

It isn’t that I never lied
Never spouted facts and figures unverified
To impress you, proselytize you
Opinions too many, confessions too few.

It isn’t that you never cried
Hurled accusations, indictments unjustified
To convert me, evangelize me
Passions so many, compromise an enemy.

But then, we’ve never needed perfection
Kicking and screaming, we agreed to contradictions
Mindmates on a play date
Soulmates are so mid-2000s anyway.

It isn’t just that I want to play house
Without a ken doll, outside a wedding hall
It isn’t that you shouldn’t drink, sing and carouse
Until the vodka spills and the cocktails run out

But I must say, it would be okay
To have a dog or three, and walk ‘em every other day
It wouldn’t be half bad, to have a semi-clean flat
With a sparkling bath and an angry stray cat

It isn’t that the future’s certain, or the past unblemished
It isn’t that I trust you not to leave this fanfic unfinished
But the climax is a spoiler, and completion is overrated anyway
I’d take it as a victory, if all we ever had was today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts